« Home | A short entry about hockey » | Paul and Me » | The future will blogged. »

It's Been A While

Um, hi. How are things? I’m fine – thanks for asking – but I, uh, well, I feel like I’ve been shirking my responsibilities as a blogger. I have not posted an entry since freaking Halloween! That’s a whole forty-two days, three pay checks, six weekends, five laundry days, twenty-eight 6:45am alarm clocks, ten tie wearing days (much to the chief’s disdain), three Chinese take-out meals delivered to the door, and thirteen days of election time (seems longer somehow, doesn't it!).

So what have I been doing? Have I been re-tooling my blog strategy to find a new and exciting way to reach all three of you? Have I been having marathon brain-storming sessions with myself for your benefit? Nope. It’s just the same old me, so much so in fact that I have no viable explanation other than laziness, and lack of willingness to post a blog just because I felt like it.

But you know what I came to realise? Some of the best posts from the few blogs that I bother to read myself are the ones that come out of nowhere; that are non-topical, non-important, and even non-factual – almost like a blog about nothing, which, as “Seinfeld” pointed out, can often be the most real and honest.

But don’t you worry, because I’ve been stockpiling ideas. I’ve got as much stuff to say as you have patience.

See you again soon.