« Home | Papa » | Fire the "Laser" » | The “You’re an Idiot” Guide to Cat Ownership - A s... » | - Blink - » | The Black Hole » | Super-Charmed Life » | Review Index » | Music Reviews: Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam & Tool - 10,0... » | Thumb watch 2006 » | The Grind »

Yes, it’s time for me to blog again

Upon learning that Everything’s Not Terrible had made it onto Today On Oprah’s “...BLOGS THAT I AM GOING TO BOYCOTT UNLESS THEY START POSTING AT LEAST ONCE EVERY FOUR DAYS. IT WILL BE MY VERSION OF BLOG REHAB...” list, it has become clear that I need to post something. So here we go.

A few things that bear mentioning have fallen through the cracks in the last week. First, a brief shout-out to the millionaires of the Edmonton Oilers who earned every penny this spring. It seems Canada will have to wait a few more years until the Canadiens get their act together before we can have a homecoming for the Cup. And no, the Senators will not win it anytime soon. Neither will the Leafs, despite the 40 years of waiting.

Now, another mention of a family member must be made. My glorious and talented sister has recently defended her thesis. She’s an architechture student at the U of Waterloo’s School of Architechture. If asked, I don’t think that I could provide an adequate description of her actual thesis, but it has something to do with the Grand House Student Co-operative housing project, of which she is the founder and head-honcho (as much as anyone can be the head honcho of a co-operative). So, a few revisions from now, she’ll be finished with her program, and she couldn’t be more releived. Just to give an idea of how proud and happy the family clan is of her, my Dad actually closed his business (which is only even closed on Christmas Day) so he and Mom could drive down to witness the defence.

Way to go Sis!

So as you can see, there are lots of potentialy bloggable moments that have passed by. W, I only hope that I will not be present at the first BA meeting.

D. - “Hi, my name is D. and it’s been three weeks since I’ve blogged”

Everyone in unison -
“Hi D.”

D. – “It’s not that I’m lazy, its just that I have not had time at work to write the requisite blog every four days”

W (leading the group session) – “It’s okay D. We all understand, don’t we group”

Everyone in unison – “We understand and forgive, D.”

W. – “Now, how can we help D. pay more attention to his blog?”

Everyone in unison – “Support, comment, and link”


W. – “Very good! The key practices here at BA are Support, Comment, and Link.”

D. – “Wow, thanks guys! I’ll be sure to support, comment, and link for you as well! Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go to my internet addiction support group meeting next door, then my nightly online internet poker group MSN session.”


D.

i am so proud of you d!!! you can do it!!!

Post a Comment