« Home | Review Index » | Music Reviews: Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam & Tool - 10,0... » | Thumb watch 2006 » | The Grind » | Thumbs up! » | Miscommunication in the modern age » | The IMOK Wrap-up – A long expected posting » | Days Three through Eight of IMOK – Tempus Fugit » | Day Two of IMOK – Back on track » | Day One of IMOK - The first setback »

Super-Charmed Life

In case there was any doubt whatsoever, I have the best girl in the world. I made this point a while ago while celebrating the first ever International Month of K., but it was reinforced again this weekend.

K is the best because of the effort she puts into everything. Just take this weekend as an example. While I ran off for my old friend Krawn’s Stag and Doe (or Jack and Jill, or Buck and Doe, depending on where you are from) in Ajax, K was busy being perfect. Upon my return, here is a short list of what I found.

1 – Clean floors
K washed the floors. Personally, if my significant other is off partying, I’m sure as hell not going to clean. I even had to specifically tell her NOT to go on a crazy cleaning spree while I was gone. To be fair, I am going to clean our bathroom in the next few days.

2 – Part-ay
Just to make sure that I won’t be the only person hung-over on Sunday, K went to a raging party on Saturday.

3 – Make dinner
As soon as I walked in the door on Sunday, I could smell that K was up to her usual antics. She is currently in her “pre-party planning mode” which consists of finding as many great recipes as possible to serve at our next party. I get to be the guinea pig for all the great food that she makes, a task that I take with utmost seriousness. After eating Tim Horton’s, vending machine food, and other random junk foods all weekend, I came home to mushroom, bacon, and scallop skewers, roast-beef, onion ring, and horseradish-wasabi mayo sandwiches, and lemon-herb corn on the cob followed by fresh-cut fruit salad. Wow.

4 – Decorate
Two weeks into our new apartment, K has already ensured that the place is as comfortable and beautiful as our last place. This weekend, she hung a set of colourful Japanese cloths on just the right wall, at just the right height and spacing.

5 – Look Amazing!
So, not only was K busy with all of these goings on (as well as being “a bit under the weather”), but I was also greeted with a request to look at her beautiful new dress (complete with shoes). So dinner smells great as it is cooking, the place is clean and decorated, and K puts on this gorgeous summer dress. In usual D fashion, I was overwhelmed by all of this and fell flat on the one task that was given to me: tell K in no uncertain terms how amazing she looks. My only recourse is to plan a great romantic evening where I can show her off. Stay tuned.

So there you have it. Oh, what did I do this weekend you ask? Well, I went on a road-trip to Ajax and had too much beer (all in support of Krawn’s upcoming wedding, of course!) and passed out. So I’m a bit tired this Monday morning at work, but K must be exhausted – and who could blame her!

D.