« Home | Days Three through Eight of IMOK – Tempus Fugit » | Day Two of IMOK – Back on track » | Day One of IMOK - The first setback » | International Month of K » | iPod Neuroses – A Handy Guide to iPod related Ment... » | Why Montreal is Cool OR A Tale I Pulled out of my Ass » | It’s a brand new year. » | 'Tis the Season » | It's Been A While » | A short entry about hockey »

The IMOK Wrap-up – A long expected posting

So, everything about IMOK was a success, except for the part about posting all kinds of wonderful updates and stories about K and her astounding greatness as a person and my closest friend, but anyone who knows her understands that. There is one message about K and IMOK that I would like to clarify before I put the issue to rest.

Many have complemented me on being a “good boyfriend” and whatnot. Although I reject any such statements, I felt a bit like Apu when he made every wife in town hate their husband because of his Valentine’s Day antics. Keep in mind that Apu only did that because he screwed-up big time. He was making up for whatever it was that he did wrong (my Simpson’s trivia is a bit rusty…but was that the squishy lady episode?). While I wasn’t attempting to correct any specific wrongdoings by proceeding with IMOK, I wasn’t doing just for personal glory or to make any other boyfriends out there seem substandard.

What may people might not realize is that this silly little month of gifts (mostly just trinkets and scrapbook materials) is nothing when you compare it to the things that K does for me on a regular basis. She is making fudge right now – from scratch. Even if you discount her considerable culinary skills (the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach – not directly though his chest cavity as some women might believe), she is everything you would want in a woman. Hell, she took me on a surprise trip to Amster-freaking-dam!

The point I am trying to make is that despite the apparent thoughtfulness and beauty of IMOK, I still have a lot of catching up before I become as great a partner as she is to me.

And on that note, I say a fond farewell to the month that was (half a month ago…).

D.